Snow Peak Outdoor Lifestyle Creator Since 1958
Japanese label Snowpeak, originally founded in 1958, has a history of crafting mountaineering equipment, with the current mission of making the camping equipment of the future. Fueled by the booming worldwide interest in camping sweeping across the globe, Snowpeak released a series of radically innovative products, focused on quality, functionality, durability and timeless design. As of now, Tenue de Nîmes carries Snowpeak’s coffee cookwear collection.
Shopping at Tenue de Nîmes is an experience. While browsing for your perfect outfit, we’ll offer you a cup of delicious, home-brewed coffee, with compliments from Stooker Specialty Coffee.
How do you make the perfect coffee?
There’s just something special about that first cup of coffee in the morning. Whether you’re stumbling out of your tent to catch an early sunrise or fighting the urge to hit snooze from the comfort of your bed, there’s nothing quite as satisfying as that tried and true morning ritual to kick start your day.
Manual pour-over coffee has long been a staple of the craft coffee movement, but Snowpeak is here to show you just how simple and easy it is to do on your own. While there are thousands of variations and techniques, we’ve chosen a simple and proven method for making a great cup of coffee with ease.
What You’ll Need:
• Coffee filters
• Digital scale
• Whole bean coffee
• Put your kettle on to boil.
• Place the filter in the Snowpeak coffee dripper and wet thoroughly with hot water. Discard the water in mug.
• Measure out 25 grams of whole Stooker beans and grind roughly to the size of table salt.
• Place Stooker coffee in the filter.
• Place coffee dripper onto mug or decanter and place both onto your scale. Tare or reset to zero.
• Start your timer and begin to pre-infuse (lightly cover) your Stooker coffee grounds with about 30 grams of hot water. Try and saturate the grounds as evenly as possible in this first pour. The grounds will start to “bloom.” Let the blooming grounds sit until your timer reaches the 35 second mark.
• Continue pouring hot water in circular motion over grounds in 60-100 gram increments until you reach approximately 400 grams. Total time should be roughly 3 minutes 30 seconds. Don't worry if you go over 400 grams. With practice, you'll be able to just eye the process accordingly.
• Enjoy the best cup of coffee you've ever made.
Shop the Field Barista Collection and learn to make the perfect cup of coffee today.
Stooker Roasting Company is an Amsterdam-based roastery and coffee academy, founded by Onno van Zanten and Florian Hessel. The friends, after gaining experience as baristas and roasters, are passioned by one thing: to get as many people as possible to experience the delight of specialty coffee.